Hogwarts Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Sherlock Holmes a Wizard?

2 posters

Go down

Was Sherlock Holmes a Wizard? Empty Was Sherlock Holmes a Wizard?

Post  Alexandria Black Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Alex tapped her chin thoughtfully, as Snitch tried in vain to escape from his leash, which Alex had tied to the dining table in order to prevent him from running around. She had to give him marks for determination, for the first ten minutes that she was seating here, he had tried incessantly to run off, but luckily, the table proved to be too heavy for him to move. When he finally realized that, he settled his face in his paws, deciding to take a quick power nap, so he could be full of energy the next time his mistress set him loose. That was, until, his nap had been rudely interrupted by the mentioned mistress, banging the table excitedly.

Not that Alex sees her way like that, as the table bang-y kind, she's much more of the 'run around excitedly knocking everyone down' kind. But, the bartender had already, 'mentioned' twice to to her, that the people sitting around her found her a tad bit 'distracting', not that it had been her fault. It was Snitch whining and making puppy dog eyes at her, like she was going to fall for that! But even if the bartender had not told her to be quiet, Alex would have done the same thing, because she was reading Sherlock Holmes, that's why.

Which also happened to be the reason for her table banging and thoughtful expression that looked nothing short of hilarious on her face. See, her mother had left her at the 'Leaky Cauldron', on Alex's insistence of course, as opposed to take her to visit her sister, Mrs. Whitfield's house. Alex had, quite expressively refused, and had chosen to spend the day at Diagon Alley, again.

Currently, she was having spaghetti and lemon ice tea, after which she had planned on going exploring in Knockturn Alley, but she had been delayed by the fact that she got engrossed in the novel she was reading, until, a certain line jumped from the page.

"Sherlock! You're a wizard!"

That set her thinking, could it be that Sherlock Holmes did not exist in the muggle world, but did in the Wizarding World? And that is powers of observations were not that extraordinary after all?

But Alex had forgotten her genealogy book at home, so she had no idea how she could find out if Sherlock Holmes was muggle, wizard or fictional. That is, until someone sat in the seat in front of her, rousing her from her musings.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Galleons : 128

Back to top Go down

Was Sherlock Holmes a Wizard? Empty Re: Was Sherlock Holmes a Wizard?

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:57 am

Damian walked down from his room to the main bar with Ick in his hands. He hated the fact he had to carry the frog around everywhere but his mother's previous words were still fresh in his mind.

A few days ago, the cleaning witch had first seen Ick and screamed at the sight of him and his very loud croaks. This was something he found very amusing but his mother and the guy that rented them the room were not quite impressed.

Anyway, after a LOT of lectures and threats of getting rid of the frog, he promised to keep Ick with him and in his mother's words 'stop scaring the poor staff'. Only problem was that it was a fidgety thing so he couldnt leave him anywhere without him trying to hop away.

With an amused expression, he walked through the tables but stopped when he heard weird banging. He rose a brow and turned to see who was being annoying when he saw Alex. He snickered, of course it was her.

He walked over to her table and sat opposite her. "Hi Alex, having fun annoying everyone?" he joked good naturedly.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Galleons : 78

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 am

Alex looked up at who it was, and of course, it was Damian, who else? In sudden flash of pure brilliance, Alex blurted out, "Hey! You live here!" As she smiled up at him. "And no! I was not being annoying! I am onto the greatest find of the century!"

She paused. For more time. A little longer. Holds it too long, it becomes an awkward pause. With an expectant look, Alex asked in an indignant voice, "Well! Aren't you going to ask me what it is?"

Meanwhile, Snitch slobbered up to Damien, hoping to be set loose by the boy.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 am

Damian nodded. "I guess I do and okay not annoying... assentric" he grinned amusedly. He rose a brow again when she mentioned some great find. Looking at what was in front of her, he still didn't understand what she was talking about. It looked like some mystery novel which only made his mind even more of a blank.

He looked back to her and saw her expression. It looked like she was going to blow if she didn' say what it was soon. Before he mentioned anything, he looked down at Snitch and smiled."Your a prisoner huh Snitch?" he said, only patting his head. There was no way he was even going to think of letting that dog loose unless they wanted the leaky cauldron to be torn apart.

"Alright, what is this big great find of yours?" he asked.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:19 am

"All geniuses were called eccentric, so you know what? I am not even going to get offended by it!" Alex replied with a bright, smug smile, taking a sip out of the iced tea and giving the left over spaghetti to Snitch. She hoped dogs didn't die from eating too much pasta.

"Right! So see, this book in front of me, is the greatest ever mystery novel written! Well excluding some of Agatha Christie's works and anyway, its one of the greatest books automatically, because it comes in three volumes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle couldn't fit it in one. But I totally suggest the whole breaking down thing because then the first volume ended on a........" Alex trailed off suddenly, aware of the fact that Damian didn't like books, so cutting short a detailed bio-sketch, she just gave him the few details necessary for him to get what she means.

"Have you heard of Sherlock Holmes?' she asked, trying a different track now.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 am

Damian listened to her explain the book she was reading in confusion. He didnt read many books unless he had to so he listened to the pain parts she was saying. He wondered who those people, of course writers, actually where while he listened.

He wondered what was so great about a book being in three parts when she stopped. Wasnt having to read one book bad enough? but having to read THREE for just one storyline.

Sherlock Holmes? he had heard of that name before but didnt know too much about it. "He is the detective guy right?" he guessed.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:34 am

Alex put on a horrified look as she melodramatically brought her hands up to her heart. "The detective guy?" she asked in a horrified whisper. "YOU'RE KILLING THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she would have liked to continue, of course, but..........the bartender shot her an angry look as most of the room hushed and looked at her. Conscious of the sudden attention she was receiving, Alex brightly smiled and waved around, before turning to Damian and giving him a murderous glare.

"Anyways," she began, putting particular stress on the word, as people slowly went back to their own business, "Holmes wasn't just one detective. He had this whole theory about 'The Science of Deduction' in which he scientifically explained his reasoning, but I always found them to be a bit far fetched, like the time when he deduced that Watson was injured and had therefore been sent back to England? It was almost like........magic?"
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:43 am

Damian looked around at the older witches and wizards and thought that they must have been creeped or something by the sudden noise of Alex's shouting.

However, when he saw Alex's glare, he couldnt help a small laugh while he listened to her. "Okay a really smart detective guy then" he shrugged.

"Magic huh? well thats not really impossible" he said, gesturing to everything around them with a smirk.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:51 am

Alex rolled her eyes at Damian's ignorance, How could the guy ever grow up without hearing the phrase, "Its elementary, Watson", is beyond my imagination and that's saying a lot!

"What I am saying is, everything points towards it. Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character, according to muggles, but obsessive Sherlock Holmes truth seekers do manage to find some proof of his existence now and again, so maybe Sherlock Holmes did exist, just not in the Muggle World. Sometimes, he deduces stuff that seems far too minute for him to know, without maybe mind reading or something. During many times during the stories, his deductions or him have been referred to as magic and wizard respectively. he kept on mixing chemicals and weird stuff to make stuff that wasn't even thought about in those times, sounds like Potions, eh?" Alex explained, counting of the points of her list on her fingers as she did so.

Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:01 am

Damian listened to her points and had to admit, it did sound a lot like magic, potions and interestingly enough, mind reading. If Sherlock Holmes was real then he doubted a muggle could do all that.

"Alright so either he was crazy but lucky or a wizard then" he said while he frowned in thought. "I think it wouuld be the Wizard thing though" he nodded.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:09 am

"Think?" Alex asked incredulously, raising an eyebrow teasingly at him.

"But whatever. So.....is there a place where every wizard must have his/her name registered? We could have started by checking out that genealogy book I bought, but I don't have it. If we had it, we could have at least ruled out pure blood or not." she added, leaning both her elbows on the table and slumping her face on her cupped hands as she thought, ignoring a hopeful Snitch, who took turns in looking both hers and Damian's legs before deciding that this two would be no help at all and settling back to go off to sleep.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:43 am

Damian rolled his eyes at her coment before pondering where the name would be writen down. He had never seen a register for all magical people to sign or anything so didn't have a clue where to start.

"The only place that would even have a record is the ministry but there is no way we can go there" he said, crossing his arms and leaning back as he thought of anywhere else.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 am

"Ministry? Well that's a tough place to get into, whether it be any world! So where else do you think that there would be a record?" Alex answered, not moving from her position as she sipped her iced tea. Suddenly, a spark of energy came over her as she straightened up and asked brightly,

"Wait! There are places that sell antiques and other heirlooms, right? Well maybe we find something there if we check their records out! Or even if we just ask a few questions! Right?"
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 am

That was a lot easier then the impossible task of even getting to the ministry. Damian wondered what shops sold things like that and would even be that old when a number of shops came to his mind.

"Well, there are a few shops in Knockturn Alley but it is kind of dangerous and shifty down there" he said.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 am

"What exactly is its rating on the scale of one to ten on shadiness and shiftiness?" Alex asked curiously as she slumped back onto the table. So close......yet they couldn't figure this out. Snitch, sensing her sadness, lifter his head off his paws and nudged her in her legs, in reply to which, Alex bent down and seeing the puppy dog eyed pleading look on his face, she rolled her eyes, "Not happening!"
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 am

"Probably about a seven to me" Damian said and looked at Snitch. That puppy must really want to run around or something. Staying still must have been like torture to him.

"He is probably going to be bad when he finally get's to go out" he said, imagining a hyper then usual Snitch running down a road with Alex being dragged.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:19 am

Alex pursed her lips, weighing the pros and cons of going to that place, currently, it was the pros that were winning. It wasn't just the fact that they might find something regarding her questions on Sherlock Holmes, but also because it was unknown, feared and generally avoided. She had decided.

"We're going! And Snitch? You've no idea what he does when he goes hyper! A day before yesterday, I took him out for a walk and I just lost my concentration for one measly second, and the next thing I know? He's running around after cats and pigeons and even people. And I was following him, so I got scratched by said cats, pecked by said cats and scolded and knocked over by said people!" she complained as she lifted up her arms to show the bruises and scratches. "well, half of the bruises are also due to me knocking over and rolling around in the house, but still!"
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:26 am

Damian chuckled and nodded. "Alright but I'm not standing in the alley for too long" he said. He wondered if the shops would be busy but it did sound fun to go down there anyway.

"Not suprised when the first time Snitch saw you he knocked you to the ground" he said, looking down at the puppy.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 am

"Don't I remember that day? And curse it too! I don't know what I saw in you that made me even consider buying you!" Alex answered as she bent down to Snitch's level to untie him, keeping a firm hand on his leash as she slowly and cautiously untied the knot. But obviously not slowly and cautiously enough because the moment he got out, Snitch managed to drag Alex a few feet, before she pulled her weight back and managed to stop him.

"So which shop do we check out first?" she asked, as she bent down to pick up Snitch, deciding it would be easier for her to carry him in the 'Leaky Cauldron' and let him out on the street. He, of course, protested, but she ignored him, turning behind to look at Damian as she asked her question.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:47 am

Damian laughed at Snitch's enthusiam and stood up. He walked to to the entrance of diagon Alley as different shops came to his mind. He wasnted to pick somewhere he had been before first so he knew what to expect.

"How about Borgin and Burkes? they sell a lot of old things" he said.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:52 am

"Sure!" Alex answered as they started walking out into the backdoor. As soon as she was out of in the sunlight, she dropped Snitch on the ground, who tried again to drag her off but this time she was prepared, he could not her drag her more than half a feet. "So where is this Borgin and Burke's?" she asked as Snitch tugged on his leash impatiently.
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 am

Damian walked outside and looked around, keeping his hand above his eyes so he could see better in the summer sun. He had been to the old shop a few times before but had never actually thought to pay attention to which way it was.

"We need to go into that Alley and I guess just look around for any signs from there" he said and made his way down the Alley.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:02 am

"Sure!" Alex answered as she went up behind Damian. Snitch, however, continued to tug at his leash, forcing her to move forward and trip oh so many times.

"What's your problem?" she hissed at him. "We are walking fast right? I mean, if we go by your definition of fast, we'll make speed look slow, so no! This is the pace we are walking at so ADAPT to it!" she added, narrowing her eyes at him. Suddenly realizing what she was doing, she looked up to the sky and muttered under her breath, "Now I am talking to my dog! My dog! And that's not crazy at all!"
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Damian Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:09 am

"Even crazier, your having an argument with your dog" Damian snickered while he walked. He saw the Alley and walked down. It was suddenly a lot darker then it was earlier as he walked down the narrow steps.

"This place gives me the creeps" he said, scowling.
Damian Black
Damian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandria Black Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:14 am

Alex stuck her tongue out at him, even though she was pretty sure he did not see it. "Yeah it is a little creepy, but not that much really, I mean, its only totally scary if you have fear of darkness, or claustrophobia or arachnophobia. But definitely Snitch finds it creepy." she agreed as Snitch stuck close to her. "Its okay Snitch! Nothings gonna harm you!" she tried to reassure the scared pup as she patted him on his head.

"Is this it?" she asked, as they stopped in front of a shop with a faded sign saying, she was pretty sure, 'Borgin and Bruke's and blah blah blah'
Alexandria Black
Alexandria Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down